Sunday, May 2, 2010

So Long Diapers???

On and off for a little over a year, Macklan has shown interest in potty training. When he would show interest, I was quick to encourage him but always careful not to force or punish him. I knew it would happen when he was ready.

For several days, Macklan has proven that he is on his way to becoming a big boy by saying so long to diapers. He has been proud to wear his new underwear! Potty time involves reading this much loved book--

Macklan has grown to love and relate to Joshua in this potty training story. I had to order it for him after witnessing how much the girl version helped Briley during potty training. Macklan now knows this story in and out. I read it to him; then he reads it to me. It's so much fun. I love to hear him say, "It was just a wittle accident," whenever Joshua goes poo poo next to his new potty. It's also fun to proclaim all the things this new potty is not used as...a hat, a milk bowl for the cat, a flower pot, a bird bath??? No, it's a brand new potty for making pee pee and poo poo. 


Potty training has been successful this weekend! We are crossing our fingers that it continues throughout the week. So far Macklan has made this very simple. No M&Ms, Cherrios, or stickers have been involved in this huge milestone. Just an interested and determined little boy. I think Macklan is proud of his accomplishment!!!

 


What are your potty training tips? Successes? I'd love to hear about it! Look for a potty training update later this week to hear if we can officially say, "So long diapers!"

1 comment:

Brittany said...

ok, this has gotten really weird ----

layton has been in big boy underwear for about a week now, consistently! we have had 2 accidents, but that's pretty good for about 8 days! again, they are doing the very same thing!

macklan and layton are just TWINS, i convinced at this fact, seriously - could they be more alike!!?!?

maybe we are really sisters...who knows, but there is such a connection between our boys!!

love the pictures!