Friday, April 24, 2009

What Happens in the Chair...

Stays in the chair! Well, we do our best anyway.

Mealtime is always usually so much fun, and I love watching Macklan explore and taste new foods for the first time. It has come to my attention that I leave my camera on the kitchen table quite often which is why I capture so many highchair moments. Macklan is normally a good eater, eating most or all of his meal. However, he is spontaneously finicky and will sometimes even push away his favorite foods. Lately, he has also developed a bad habit; whenever he is finished he starts throwing food or tries to push his plate off the tray. A habit I refuse to allow and am working to correct. Some of Macklan's favorite foods are mashed potatoes, green peas (bean balls), mac & cheese, spaghetti, bananas, applesauce, cinnamon rolls, buscuits & gravy, and pancakes. He eats his fruits and veggies, but also has a sweet tooth. I don't know who he gets that from, honestly! With that said, most of these pics show Macklan enjoying special treats. Favorite treats include ice cream, Oreos, Cheerios, Fudge Striped cookies, marshmallows, cereal bars, crackers, yogurt, and M&Ms. Macklan would make the perfect spokesperson for the "Got Milk?" advertisements. He's gotta have his milk, drinking three sippy cups of it per day. He also drinks water and 100% juice between mealtimes.

So here goes. A handful of our favorite memories in the chair!

Being silly with his spoon...apparently after his nap by the looks of his hair!


Enjoying chocolate ice cream (da cum) but wanting the sticky washed off his hands.


Macklan would take the trophy in a "Chubby Bunny" contest. He loves mini-marshmallows!


What's better than a mini-marshmallow? A blue marshmallow in the shape of a bunny covered in SUGAR! Thanks Nana!!!


Licking a Ring Pop from the Easter Bunny...


Cheese!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I just love this little person, he can always make me smile!!!! Exspecially when he runs to me saying KeKe..