Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Reveal...

of Hudson Franklin's nursery is finally here!

When we found out we were expecting another boy I wasn't sure what kind of nursery decor I wanted, but I knew I didn't want the traditional "baby" colors or themes. During one of my many shopping trips to TJ Maxx, I spotted the Quinten bedding set by Nautica and fell in love with it. It was the perfect color palette and theme for my baby boy's nursery. Not to mention, it was affordably priced since I purchased it from the Maxx rather than a department store. 

I purchased the bedding set from TJ Maxx along with the crib mobile and matching lamp. The three coordinating canvas wall arts were bought on eBay, and I found an incredible deal on the nursery furniture on Craig's List. The color of the wood and the slatted design of the furniture complimented the nautical theme of the room. Thanks to my mom for transforming the walls from green to "skinny latte". I wanted the walls to be a calm, soothing classic color since I would be adding pops of red throughout the room.


I wanted to personalize the nursery by putting "Hudson Franklin" above the crib. I love this detail! It announces who the room was created for, but also reminds me of how special his name is to our family. The name was created using vinyl alphabet lettering bought at Hobby Lobby.

The room accents including the picture frames and nautical pieces like the sailboat, anchors, and lighthouse were bought at Hobby "Heaven" Lobby. I can get lost for a day in Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx. Love the finds and the prices at those stores! The armoire is a great piece because it holds so much by providing a hanging rod inside and three drawers below.

The large anchor and porthole mirror were also purchased at Hobby Lobby along with the vinyl word art that says, "God is with you in all that you do."
 
I love the contrast that the red curtains combined with the white shades provides in the room. For toy storage, I found the cute bench/trunk at TJ Maxx, and I used a glass top skirted table (which I already had) in front of the other window.

In the crib, two furry friends await Hudson's arrival. The chocolate lab was delivered by Santa, and the sweet lamb is a gift from Mommy.



only one thing is missing...

a sweet baby boy! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hudson's room is beautiful. You have great taste. And you're like me...you love a deal! TJ MAXX and Hobby Lobby are great! I also love Tuesday Mornings.

Brittany said...

Thanks for the comment!

Your blog is so cute and I love the baby boy's new room. I saw Brandy's pics of your family on FB and the pics were absolutely adorable. I've been talking to her about doing V's soon.