Monday, December 20, 2010

9 Months...Right Around the Corner!



I'm 36 Weeks!!!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 36 Weeks (cervix closed, 50% effaced)

Size of Baby: Baby Blake is the size of a honeydew

Weight Gain/Loss: Since my 34 week appt. gained 3 lbs. (mostly in my belly!) Not really experiencing swelling and weight gain all over as I did with Macklan. My total weight gain so far is 22 lbs., not bad with all the holiday eating!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and dresses, mix of maternity and regular shirts/sweaters

Gender: Boy HUDSON FRANKLIN

Movement: Strong forceful kicks, protruding pushes, settling into sleep patterns

Sleep: It's difficult to find a comfortable position. I flip from one side to the other. If I sleep on my left side, he flips and flops (seems to prefer it when I sleep on my back or right side). I've had some leg cramps at night too, and the heartburn is in full swing. I have to prop my head up with two pillows for some relief!

What I miss: Having enough energy to get through the work day and then keep up with an active 3 year old! I also miss getting a full night's sleep, having a bladder, and being able to eat a full meal!

Cravings: Mexican, cereal, DQ Blizzards, thirsty all the time

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, heartburn at night, pain in abdomen, starting to waddle, and my first ever hemorrhoid from all the Christmas shopping. Did I just share that? Well, it's the truth!

Best Moment This Week: Having a couple of snow days at home to focus on Hudson's nursery and begin washing his clothes.

What's Going on With Baby? Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!! Love this update...you look so cute! Can't wait to meet the newest memeber of the Blake family.