Our Spring Break finale consisted of traveling to Grand Rivers to Patti's 1880's Settlement and the Jetty at Lighthouse Landing. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day, and the foliage on the settlement and around the lake was in full bloom. We arrived late afternoon so we could enjoy some time walking around before sitting down for an early dinner. Macklan loved tossing coins into the water surrounding the water wheel, observing the oversized goldfish, and throwing rocks into the lake. He also loved just running wild on all the sidewalks through the gardens at Patti's. It was fun!
Our planning was impeccable because we only had to wait about half an hour for a table. Of course Scott ate
ALL of a 2" pork chop, I had Michael's Shrimp Pasta, and Macklan ordered grilled cheese
(but didn't eat one bite; instead he ate some of my pasta and an entire flower pot of bread!). For the first time, we also ordered the fried cheese sticks. Delicious! I ate most of those!
After dinner we window shopped, tetter-tottered, and visited the animals before driving over to the jetty. I knew Macklan would love the jetty with all the water, boats, and ROCKS! There's no telling how many rocks he threw into the lake. What a grand visit to Grand Rivers, Kentucky!
checking out the goldfish...
sitting by the stream...
throwing coins into the water...
tetter-tottering...
climbing...
walking through the gardens...
admiring the lake...
skipping rocks...
tossing rocks...
laughing...
smiling...
family of three!
2 comments:
LOVE shadow family pictures, it was one of my favorites that I took of us!
Love the shadow picture too!!!!!! And I love your outfit! :) You are way stylish girl!
Post a Comment