are something I have always enjoyed taking, but photography is something I am becoming more passionate about...
I enrolled in a digital photography class that met last Tuesday night and tonight with the anticipation of learning more about creative style and all the gadgits on Canon camera body. I managed to gain a little knowledge in both areas. Seeing all the other participants photography reminded me that we all see things in different ways and the instructor taught me some valuable tips about how to use the different automatic and manual settings on my camera. I'll be the first to admit that I still have a lot to learn, but I'm now more equipped to take it to the next level. I'm well on my way.
On my way to what? Taking better quality pictures of my #1 subject, a.k.a. Macklan. Possibly doing some photography on the side for friends and family. One day maybe opening my own photography studio. Who knows? I have a passion. That's a start, right? I have a small vision of where I'd like to go from here. My self-confidence was boosted by the other participants in the class who complimented my two sample photos by pointing out "my creative eye", my use of the "rule of thirds", and my natural ability to take portraits by including triangular shapes/arrangements which are pleasing to the eye.
Here are my sample photos. What do you think?
A few things I learned:
- Use the landscape setting when taking a large group portrait. This keeps everyone in focus!
- Place camera on a tripod for best results when taking a skyline photo or a night portrait.
- Rite Aid has better print quality than Wal-Mart. When I need a quick print, I'll be hitting up Rite Aid!


4 comments:
Which pictures did you share? I'd love to see them.
where is your class? I've never taken a class before, but would love to! I'm sure, I'm not doing things "technically correct"...HaHa
I added the two photos that I used for the critique.
Brandy--it was at the Bd. of Ed. through the community education program. It was only for two weeks, but one on photoshop starts next week.
do you have to sign up ahead of time for the classes? I have Photoshop and need the "Photoshop for Dummies" class! I took an online class through MCC, but found that I learned more using twopeasinabucket! I would HATE to take a class with you and Brandy to have my pictures compared to ya'lls! I'd tell them I accidentally formatted my card! HA!
Post a Comment