Macklan's TWO!!!
My baby boy is now a toddler. Growing into a little person with his own personality, voice (which he wants everyone to hear), wants and needs, and opinions (which sometimes translates into attitude). It's hard to believe that Macklan is already two, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Two isn't just always "terrible"; it's really proving to be the best stage yet!
I started planning Macklan's party at the end of June, deciding first on a theme. I debated between several ideas, but settled on "Deep Sea Adventure" which I ended up loving. It was perfect for Macklan too, since he had developed quite a love for fish and water during the summer. The vibrant colors of the fish, octopus, shark, dolphin, turtle, and crab brightened up the party environment and looked so kid-friendly. Macklan, his cousins, and little friends had a blast during this amazing ocean adventure. They discovered many mysteries of the deep blue sea as they fished for prizes, tossed bean bags through the submarine portholes, and pinned the turtle on the underwater scene.
This theme ended up being a great choice for Macklan's 2nd birthday. He really enjoyed seeing all his family and friends in one place, and it didn't take him long to warm up to the crowd. He loved his cake and cupcakes, was embarrassed during the singing of "Happy Birthday", and insisted that Mommy help him blow out his TWO candle. He was much more independent on unwrapping gifts this year, and he actually got excited about tearing the paper and pulling out the tissue paper. Surprisingly, Macklan didn't get nearly upset (compared to last year) after opening each gift just to have Mommy swipe it away in order for him to open another gift.
Macklan and Briley ready to get the party started with their cute inflatable turtles.
Anticipating a piece of birthday cake as we prepare to sing "Happy Birthday" to Macklan. He wasn't happy with me when I told him he had to wait a minute for cake!
Isn't this dolphin adorable? The kids enjoyed eating these yellow and chocolate cupcakes! I was extremely pleased with his cake and cupcakes. Perfect and delicious!
Gifts galore!!! Macklan received a tremendous assortment of gifts and loved every one of them.
"What's in here? Once I get all this tissue paper out maybe I'll find a toy!"
It's gift time...a book and sidewalk chalk from Kate!
It's an Elmo DVD from Mark. Macklan loves "Melmo"!
Happy Birthday to ME!!! He was so excited about every aspect of the party.
I had to bribe Macklan with mini M&M's (his candy gift from Aunt Judy) so he would sit still and continue opening his gifts! Whatever it takes, right?
Macklan was upset when I made him give up a gift in order to open the next one. I tried to keep him moving so he wouldn't loose interest.
Uncle Birdy and Aunt KeKe got Macklan this really cool tool box. He loves the hammer!
Cash register from Briley...great for teaching colors and cause/effect!
This gift made me cry. My uncle brought the horse he rode as a little boy for Macklan to enjoy until he outgrows it. It was so thoughtful and special, and I know that Macklan appreciates his "Yee-haw". Thanks Uncle Terry!
*Notice the baseball in his hand? This is nothing out of the ordinary. Macklan carries around balls everywhere he goes...including bed. Unless his interests change, he is bound to play at least one sport which excites Scott and me.
2 comments:
I can't believe he is already 2! Next year he will have another buddy to share it with!
ahem...what does this mean? By the way, I just love Macklan's chair!
Post a Comment