Macklan's excitement poured out as he prepared to open a special gift along with all the other kids at the reunion.
On Christmas Eve, we had lunch and gift exchanging at Nana and Pap's (Scott's parents). Here Macklan anticipates opening gifts with his big cousins Kaitlyn and Austin. The mountain of unopened gifts soon turned into a sea of crumpled wrapping paper as these excited kids tore into their gifts.
Christmas Eve night consisted of opening gifts at Nana and Pappy's house (my parents). One of Macklan's favorite gifts was his talking backpack from Aunt Kristen, Uncle Jonathan, and Briley. He liked his puppy house shoes too; he just didn't want them on over his pj footies. Nana always fills stockings for Macklan and Briley, and they enjoy digging into them. The final gift for Macklan was his very own chair monogrammed with his name.
Christmas morning was spent at home. Scott and I woke early (around 7:00 am) in anticipation of seeing Macklan's face as he saw for the first time the gifts left by Santa. Although Santa visited last year, Macklan was too young to truly enjoy or remember the experience. Therefore, we couldn't wait to share his excitement on his 2nd Christmas. I also wanted to double check my camera and video camera for a strong battery charge and plenty of recording space. 7:30 am, 8:00 am, 8:30 am...still no Macklan. Out late the night before, I knew he had to be exhausted but never did I think that he would sleep until 9:00 am on Christmas morning.
The moment I heard him stirring around, I rushed into his room to get him. Before I could mention to him that Santa had come, I had to do a quick wardrobe change since his diaper had leaked onto his pajamas. Once that was taken care of, he was off to the living room. Macklan's face when he peeked around the corner and saw all the new, fun toys...Priceless! Laughing and playing with Macklan on Christmas morning...Priceless!
Our last stop was Mammie's house for a delicious meal, giving and receiving of gifts, and family game time. Even though Christmas Eve and Christmas Day consist of jam packed schedules, we make it a priority to stop and remember the reason for all the celebrations...the birth of Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment