Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's on the Menu?

Macklan has been eating table foods for several months now. However, this comes with limitations and safeguards. The "table foods" diet does not mean he eats anything and everything that is served on the table, sitting on the cabinet shelves, or listed on restaurant menus. Macklan still eats mostly soft, mashed up foods in bite-size portions. Yes, I'm a bit OCD and overly protective mommy which sometimes makes it difficult to find a restaurant that serves foods that I am willing to order for Macklan. However, over the past few months I have found a couple of hot spots for Macklan. He loves mashed potatoes & gravy and biscuits from KFC, spaghetti at Fazoli's, and O'Charley's loaded baked potato soup. Let me make this clear...Macklan loves loaded baked potato soup from O'Charley's! He can and will eat the entire generous portion of cheesy potato soup as he repeatedly says, "Umm, umm," after every bite.




2 comments:

Brittany said...

Don't worry, I am just like you......maybe in more so!! I guess we are just way protective w/ the first kiddos...i can just hear him now saying, "hmmmmm!" so sweet!!! :-)

Leanne said...

I was the exact same way about Abe. I remember someone offering him Cheerios at church and I about came unglued! He was old enough to be eating them but didn't chew his food as much as I thought he should so I was picky about what he ate. Thank goodness for Gerber Puffs!!